Updated: Jan 17
Communications Intern for Erie to Pittsburgh Trail
Minimum Hours: 10 hrs/week
Reports To: Outdoor Recreation Project Manager
About the Oil Region Alliance of Business, Industry and Tourism
The Oil Region Alliance is a non-profit, 501 (c)3, organization. Our mission is to manage the Oil Region National Heritage Area and to increase the prosperity of the Oil Region by enticing all people to live, work, learn and play in “the Valley that Changed the World” through the preservation, promotion, development, and support of historical, educational, natural, recreational, residential, commercial and industrial destinations. Learn more at www.OilRegion.org.
The Oil Region Alliance is a strong proponent of the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail Alliance (EPTA) and to that end is working to assist with the completion of the estimated 270-mile trail. The EPTA is an all-volunteer organization that consist of non-profit organizations, local municipalities, supporters, and advocates affiliated with the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail corridor. Our Vision is to create a system of non-motorized, multi-use trails, and local connectors linking Erie to Pittsburgh through the experience of small towns, rural landscapes, historic sites, and cultural areas, tied to regional trails and beyond. The mission of the EPTA is to advocate for the development of the continuous trail; to assist our local partners by sharing expertise and resources; to promote the trail for its regional significance and encourage local and broader connections. Learn more at www.EriePittsburghTrail.org
Purpose of Position
The Communications Intern will assist the Oil Region Alliance Outdoor Recreation Project Manager and the Chair of the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail Alliance Communication and Development committee on several communications and social media projects for the Erie to Pittsburgh Trail. The work for this position will be completed remotely, there will be no office space provided. This is an unpaid internship and we strongly encourage candidates to apply for school credit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create a content calendar for social media posts
· Develop and implement a seasonal social media campaign that aligns with the EPTA overall brand identity
· Run and analyze social media engagement reports
· Assist with creating website content and inputting it into our WIX-based website
· Additional admin support for the Secretary and VP may be requested
· Strong interest in outdoor recreation and conservation a plus
· Personal experience with trail recreation or trail commuting a plus
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Access to video chat software i.e. zoom, teams
· Experience with Wix a plus
· Experience with Canva a plus
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Reliable and systematic in work habits
· Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
· Attentive to detail
· Works well independently
Submit resume and cover letter to kHarris@oilregion.org. Please include the name(s) of the internship in the subject line.
As an equal-opportunity employer, the Oil Region Alliance is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Pennsylvania organization which prides itself in celebrating diversity and does not discriminate in any of its programs, policies, procedures, or employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, pregnancy or related medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Erie to Pittsburgh Trail Alliance is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Pennsylvanian corporation.